Smoothie bowl inspo this morning! Because sometimes you just want your food to be beautiful, and the act of arranging pieces of fruit on top of something the consistency of molten lava is great for your concentration.
Smoothies aren’t really a recipe. I think most people know how to make a smoothie. If I’m having a smoothie, it’s usually post workout, or for breakfast. But in both cases, I really want to make sure I’m getting enough protein in, as well as some veggies and healthy fats!
I used protein powder in this smoothie because I had it right after a workout, although you don’t have to use protein powder to add some protein punch. Try adding silken tofu, more nut butter, Greek yogurt, or cottage cheese.
And have some fun decorating and making your smoothie beautiful!
Green Smoothie BowlPrint Recipe
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (choose your fave)*
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- handful spinach
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- hemp hearts
- sliced banana
- chopped mango (fresh or frozen work!)
Place all ingredients (except toppings) in a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add more liquid if it is too thick, but try and add as little as possible to ensure that the smoothie is thick!
Pour smoothie into a bowl, and add toppings decoratively on top. Enjoy!
* You can also use silken tofu (about 1/4 cup) or add 1/4-1/2 cup Greek yogurt to get some protein in